You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What's your ethnicity?
Started by Meggs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am one of the many Indians here and very proud of it
Keep the Indian Flag flying high folks
Keep the Indian Flag flying high folks
I
iamaj1
Meggs said:Ok, so to get a complete profile 🙂, of the members of the International Dental Forum: What's your race/ethnicity?
EDIT: What's your race/ethnicity/nationality/where do you come from/what do you feel you are/ whatever you wanna call it?
I did some internet search and tried to get this classification as complete as possible, forgive me if I obviated or repeted your race. In case you don't fit one of the above, just mention it in a post.
EDIT: In case you're surfing this forum to help your dentist's spouse, then you can vote for her/his ethnicity.
Hispanic
Eastern European
Western European
Other white/caucasian, please specify
Indian
Filipino
Chinese
Arab
Other Asian, please specify
Other African, plase specify
Other race, please specify
hey Meggs,
interesting post.very informative.....came to know how many indians there r here.WAY TO GO INDIANS 👍
but just out of curiosity......why does this have to be abt race and ethinicity?i mean had it been abt us getting to know abt others from our own country it wud make sense...but race?
when everywhere everybody is going on abt anti-racism and stuff wudn't it be better if we just concerned ourselves with our country?after all i wud think thats what matters most......
...just a suggestion.
AJ
May I ask whats the purpose of this poll?
Meggs.........good to hear from you after so many days......
Henna.........what are you upto........
Sam3...I thought you were in UPenn........why does your location still say Canada?Did you find any one to make Beeryani for you?
Pinktooth.......hows BU treating you.......have you started with your clinics as yet?
Hi to everyone else
Meggs.........good to hear from you after so many days......
Henna.........what are you upto........
Sam3...I thought you were in UPenn........why does your location still say Canada?Did you find any one to make Beeryani for you?
Pinktooth.......hows BU treating you.......have you started with your clinics as yet?
Hi to everyone else
That stands for
I-Indian
F-Female
D-Dentist
M-Married to
I-Indian
E-Engineer (mostly Software)
I personally believe that represents most of the the Indians out here on this Forum and also tho trying for the Advanced Standing Program at various places.
I would really like to know how many Indians have gone all the way from India just for the exams and interviews and eventually managed to get an admit into any of the schools.
Naturally I do not count the green card holders in this list.
So all you those still based in India, please state that too.
I-Indian
F-Female
D-Dentist
M-Married to
I-Indian
E-Engineer (mostly Software)
I personally believe that represents most of the the Indians out here on this Forum and also tho trying for the Advanced Standing Program at various places.
I would really like to know how many Indians have gone all the way from India just for the exams and interviews and eventually managed to get an admit into any of the schools.
Naturally I do not count the green card holders in this list.
So all you those still based in India, please state that too.
Giffy said:Namaste....Kem cho...sastsriyakaal.....Kassa ahe
I am an indian
People frm south india can you teach me how do you greet people when you meet them
hi,
'namaskaram' in telugu,'chennagidhira' in kannada and 'vanakkam' in tamil..i am an andhrite,did my BDS in b'lore.
sck said:Why is it that the Europeans dont prefer to come to the US as much? Do dentists do that great in all the countries of europe? if so, why aren't there many Indian dentists infiltrating one of those countries?? and ease out the competition here😛
In Uk there is no such thing called advanced standing program. Yes one can take the license exam. But it is a political thing. Pass rate is really low. Two strikes and you are out. things changed since then and you may have multiple attempt in any part but the pass rate is still very low. Of late there is a bit relaxation as UK govt is looking for dentists who want to work for NHS - National Health Service - the govt jobs where part of the payment comes from govt funding and most of the payment made by patients. Ireland has a similar exam but it's almost impossible to get a residency right there.
Other European countries will not even let you take there license exams (if there is such a thing!!). It's all very political and r.... There is no other country in the world like USA, fair and above board, that allows you to be part of the system.This is from my personal experience after living in UK and Ireland for 12 years.
BTW I am an Indian.
rahmed
Hi All
Iam from INDIA . Namasthey...
Iam from INDIA . Namasthey...
Well this is the first time I post something .First I just wanted to say that this it a great site for all international dentists who are lets say " suffering " to get into the Advanced Standing . Its GREAT to see Arabs in this site ( I thought I was the only one) . " Ahlan " Sam & Tamer.Hope to see more .... Just wondering if there are any Arabs who are accepted in NYU this year...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am surprised to see 62% sdns voted in this thread to be Indian!
I knew that there are lot of us here but was not expecting this much.
But as Meggs has rightly said: United Colors of Bennetton! 🙂
I knew that there are lot of us here but was not expecting this much.
But as Meggs has rightly said: United Colors of Bennetton! 🙂
Ahlan wa Sahlan Faith25, I will be attending UMDNJ-NJMS this August. Have you started at NYU?
I'm Filipino, Mexican & Japanese . . . 😕
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K