what's your Myers Briggs?

Started by amandil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

what's your myers-briggs type?

  • ENFJ

    Votes: 29 6.4%
  • ENFP

    Votes: 21 4.6%
  • ENTJ

    Votes: 54 11.9%
  • ENTP

    Votes: 12 2.6%
  • ESFJ

    Votes: 17 3.7%
  • ESFP

    Votes: 7 1.5%
  • ESTJ

    Votes: 23 5.1%
  • ESTP

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • INFJ

    Votes: 59 13.0%
  • INFP

    Votes: 18 4.0%
  • INTJ

    Votes: 120 26.4%
  • INTP

    Votes: 30 6.6%
  • ISFJ

    Votes: 15 3.3%
  • ISFP

    Votes: 5 1.1%
  • ISTJ

    Votes: 34 7.5%
  • ISTP

    Votes: 7 1.5%

  • Total voters
    455
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ESTJ.... 😀

"Supervisor Guardian"

famous ESTJ's:

Daniel Craig
Bruce Willis
Susan Sarandon
Billy Graham
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
William Henry Harrison
Franklin Pierce
Grover Cleveland
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
George W. Bush
John D. Rockefeller
Bette Davis
Sam Walton (owner and founder of WalMart stores)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We're disproportionately INFJ here... it's the rarest type in the general population, but of course many us "help people" types would choose to become physicians...

Edit: every time I read that I'm supposed to be a "champion of the oppressed and the downtrodden" I laugh a little bit
 
INFJ is way overrepresented, it is the rarest type (<1% of the population).

Myself, I'm INFJ but very weakly F. I can get into INTJ mode really easily when I'm studying or learning.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took this test 5 years ago and got INFJ… glad to see I still got it. 😉

Though, I feel less special seeing how common INFJs are on here. Oh well, more champions of the oppressed and downtrodden! 🤣
 
estj here. but i was only 1% S. i don't get that. how am I S if its only 1% but like 68% E. i dont get the percentages.
-mota


It means you favor S over N just by 1%. If you got 0%, you would have no preference for either one or prefer both equally
 
ENTJ

I recently learned from the ama that another famous entj is LizzyM! :laugh:

Some other tests refer to us as "the executives" because the logical/long term thinking may overshadow emotions and come off as "cold"

Edit: awkward necrobump
 
Last edited:
I oscillate between INTJ, INFJ, ISTJ and ISFJ - apparently, I have no preference for N over S or F over T, I and J are all that's certain.
 
this post was bumped up from the grave but i'll indulge anyway

i get ENTJ on the tests but I'm convinced I'm more of an INTJ
 
INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(38%) Judging(89%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)
This kind of stuff is why I dropped my biology major for psych. Super interesting and spot on.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this elsewhere but I think it would do well here too:


I think that I am an ENTP but here are a couple of things about the MBTI that might make some of you change your minds. I have also seen myself as an INTP at times as well. Both have the same cognitive functions but in different orders.



1. By definition, you must actually use the MBTI to get accurate MBTI results. It's $150...I haven't used it and am not planning to so my type is just an educated guess. All the other tests out there are useless and work using generalities.

2. The idea that MBTI is just a question for four dichotomies is false. Your MBTI assignment (ex. INFJ) then serves to assign you 8 cognitive functions in a order. The most important are the first two and their sequence is different for each type. For example, INFJ's leading function in Introverted Intuition followed by Extroverted Feeling as their secondary function. No other type has that sequence so if you do the math, ____8 cognitive functions___ X ____2 possibilities remaining X ___1 possibility__ X___1 possibility___ = 16 possible types.

3. Categorizing functions:

Extroverted vs. Introverted: Extroverted refers to how an individual gets his or her fuel to perform the cognitive function from, not from whether one is a people person or a nerd.
Intuition vs Sensory: Defined as a PERCEPTIVE function as opposed to a JUDGING one. Either you're Intuition Dominant or Sensory Dominants. Intuition refers to the ability to pattern-seek while sensory refers to the ability to perceive something as it is through the five senses.
Thinking vs. Feeling: Defined as a JUDGING function as opposed to a PERCEPTIVE one. Most can get a sense of this from their own preconceived notions of the two words.

So for example, Introverted Intuition is a cognitive function that facilitates the ability to understand by foreseeing implications, likely effects, and the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Also, Introverted Intuition is used for rectifying contradictions. Extroverted Intuition on the other hand is a cognitive function that facilitates the ability to understand by interpreting situations, relationships, pickup interconnections to other contexts. Extroverted Intuition is also used for finding different paths or methods to solve things. According to what is self reported, many on here seem to classify themselves as INTJs/INFJs. This would mean that Introverted Intuition is their leading cognitive function which could make sense as the INTJ is supposed to be the archetypal scientist.

4. You can predict the order of cognitive functions through this algorithm which I have recently come up with (or you can look them up):
a.) E or I? If E, then your 1st and 3rd functions or extroverted and your 2nd are 4th are introverted. Vice versa for I.
b.) IJ/EP OR EJ/IP? If IJ/EP then first and last functions are perceiving functions and the middle are judging. If EJ/IP, then middle are perceiving and first and last are judging.
c.) T or F? If T, place T in the first or second position depending on results from previous step. If F, place F in the first of second position depending on results from previous step.
d.) Now you should have first four functions. To figure out the rest, simply take the same functions and repeat them but switch all introverted and extroverted functions.


If anyone is interested in discussing:

-the validity and/or accuracy of the MBTI in predicting an individual's personality and/or character
-why the algorithm which I have devised works
-how to make an accurate MBTI given the difficulty or ranking 8 cognitive functions.
-feels that they have better definitions for terms I have used
-the framework/context in which MBTI can be used
-what they would type me

please message me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A very intuitive robot with a rare blend of imagination and reliability and a quite sensitivity.

The sensitivity part....my wife might disagree with 😉

I answer questions far too coldly and logically for most people's comfort if I'm not intentionally rephrasing things to be softer
 
The sensitivity part....my wife might disagree with 😉

I answer questions far too coldly and logically for most people's comfort if I'm not intentionally rephrasing things to be softer
You get people thinking that your are aloof or uncaring? Yeah, I've had to consciously alter the way I approach answering many questions, even the "dumb" ones. Working in a free clinic has done wonders for that and I have no problem at all helping people and they respond very well to my "positivity and helpfulness".
 
You get people thinking that your are aloof or uncaring? Yeah, I've had to consciously alter the way I approach answering many questions, even the "dumb" ones. Working in a free clinic has done wonders for that and I have no problem at all helping people and they respond very well to my "positivity and helpfulness".

Same here. I get great responses now that i looked into personality types. If i'm not being intentional about interacting I'm like a mix of sherman from big bang theory, dextter, and house md......which isn't effective haha
 
I got INTJ when I took the long test some 8 years ago. Just took the test again and got:
INTJ
Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(12%) Judging(78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)
Hmm, I would think I'm way more introverted than that... But at least it's still the same!
 
ISFJ


Geeze... this description hit the nail on the head with me. Its erie.


For the most part.
 
Last edited: