What's your plan if you get rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry for starting this depressing thread.

But as much as it sounds depressing, my mind is so confused.

I am keep thinking 'what if I don't get accepted, what's my future going to be like?'

I studied for last 4 yrs, hopping to become a dentist, my parents and friends expectation is very high, and I just don't know what I can do if I get rejected.

Bio classes were fun and it definitely helped me to come this far but I think science job besides dental field is just not for me.

I just want to hear what other people have for their back up plan.

Members don't see this ad.

it's not so bad to work for a year while reapplying. This way you can make some money, "mature", have some more fun, and save money to ease the burden of the debt you'll incur in dental school.

Work is a good idea. I would apply to biotech companies, which are always fun. but definitely take some classes, dental schools always want you to keep up with your education unfortunately :p.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am already done with bachelor's degree and have more than enough credits. I think taking more classes will only make me lose time and money especially if it doesn't increase my chance of acceptance. And I think it will feel even more depressing if I get rejected even after taking more classes.

So I guess I have no other choice but to work while reapplying, but I heard that it's really hard to find good paying biology job.

This is the worst question to ask when going into the cycle. If you have been studying for 4 years you should be good to go!!

If I don't get in I am going to re-examine my situation. I will probably talk to some people to see if my application is even worth anything or maybe I should just give up. If they say to keep going for it than I will most likely take on a masters program while re-applying. I will retake the DAT's, because I think they hurt me a bit this time, and I will give it another go. I am :xf: for good news after Dec 12th so that I don't have to worry about this. Heres hoping!!!!

If you get rejected the best thing to do is call the admissions office and ask to speak to someone about how to improve your application for the next cycle. I would wait till the march april time to call as they will be busy for a while.

Last year I found over half the schools I was rejected from were helpful to assess my application or just flat out tell me why I was denied. Best thing was I went to my state school and sat down with one of the admissions people and we talked for about an hour on the different things I could do to improve the application. However there were some schools who just wouldn't tell me a thing so don't be surprised if they blow you off, then again I made sure not to reapply to those schools.

I rather hear it from the horses mouth than present my stats here and hope the people on SDN point me the right way. SDN is a great resource but make sure to use all your resources.

Yeah, I don't know! I still am holding out a slight hope for Nova on the 12th, but if that doesn't work than drinking may just be the way to go!!