What's your primary specialty & who were your mentors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

101N

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll start.

PM&R background

Ortho Spine: Great, dynamic young ORT spine surgeon. Viewed the spine as an organ system and his enthusiasm was infectious. His 1st yr out of fellowship he - we were in a BIG system - did in excess of 800 surgeries! Call him @ 8pm Sunday evening and you know where he'd be, in the OR. Smart, ethical, technically excellent, indefatigable, self-effacing, a good man. He's now chair of the dept.

Anesthesia-Pain: Kind, smart, worldly, self-effacing. Great guy. I ended up taking things - pain - a step farther than he did. But he is without a doubt the better man.

Members don't see this ad.

I did an internship in Washington dc in surgery, then while driving to Hollywood in my convertible to do a plastic surgery fellowship had an accident in a small town. I ended staying there, my mentor was doc Hogue. A great man. He tought me a lot...

I'll start.

PM&R background

Ortho Spine: Great, dynamic young ORT spine surgeon. Viewed the spine as an organ system and his enthusiasm was infectious. His 1st yr out of fellowship he - we were in a BIG system - did in excess of 800 surgeries! Call him @ 8pm Sunday evening and you know where he'd be, in the OR. Smart, ethical, technically excellent, indefatigable, self-effacing, a good man. He's now chair of the dept.

Anesthesia-Pain: Kind, smart, worldly, self-effacing. Great guy. I ended up taking things - pain - a step farther than he did. But he is without a doubt the better man.

Last edited:
I did an internship in Washington dc in surgery, then while driving to Hollywood in my convertible to do a plastic surgery fellowship had an accident in a small town. I ended staying there, my mentor was doc Hogue. A great man. He tought me a lot...

"That's heavy doc!"

"There's that word again ... heavy. Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravitational pull in the future?"

Members don't see this ad :)
"That's heavy doc!"

"There's that word again ... heavy. Is there something wrong with the Earth's gravitational pull in the future?"

Wrong movie. Should have pent more time in the closet with Boof.

I spent a few years under Dumbledore before spending an eternity with Gandalf the Grey. As a senior, some freshman named Potter came in, bit of a wanker.
I know because I wasn't Merlin trained, some of you feel I shouldn't even be allowed to cast level 5 and up spells. I'm sure my dragon escape spells aren't as good as yours, but I can tell what a hobbit or wood elf is thinking by looking at them- because I spent years with Gandalf while you were sweeping up Merlin's OR. Honestly, my fellowship was with Sirius Black/Sauron. But I have no disparaging remarks, under penalty of dementor/ork attack. Sometimes I can still feel the eye looking at me.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4[/YOUTUBE]

i've never seen you go *this* deep before, but I like it; grafting rowling mythology to tolkien lore with a Dr Evil "my father made extravagant claims, like he invented the question mark"-type soliluquy tone; Respect.

I spent a few years under Dumbledore before spending an eternity with Gandalf the Grey. As a senior, some freshman named Potter came in, bit of a wanker.
I know because I wasn't Merlin trained, some of you feel I shouldn't even be allowed to cast level 5 and up spells. I'm sure my dragon escape spells aren't as good as yours, but I can tell what a hobbit or wood elf is thinking by looking at them- because I spent years with Gandalf while you were sweeping up Merlin's OR. Honestly, my fellowship was with Sirius Black/Sauron. But I have no disparaging remarks, under penalty of dementor/ork attack. Sometimes I can still feel the eye looking at me.

I trained at coruscant primarily with Mace Windu. I also was mentored by Ki-Adi-Mundi. Kit fisto was a year ahead of me and he stayed on as an instuctor at the academy. I learned a lot of practical things from him. There was another guy in the program named anakin. I heard he was smart but was told not to associate with him. don't know why. I just know he seemed to hog all the teaching time with one Obi Wan Kenobit whom I wanted to learn from but this Anakin kid wouldn't allow it. Of course the great Yoda was the head of the program but we had very little face time with him. He was more of a figure head as I saw it and didn't really care too much about the trainees.

I trained at coruscant primarily with Mace Windu. I also was mentored by Ki-Adi-Mundi. Kit fisto was a year ahead of me and he stayed on as an instuctor at the academy. I learned a lot of practical things from him. There was another guy in the program named anakin. I heard he was smart but was told not to associate with him. don't know why. I just know he seemed to hog all the teaching time with one Obi Wan Kenobit whom I wanted to learn from but this Anakin kid wouldn't allow it. Of course the great Yoda was the head of the program but we had very little face time with him. He was more of a figure head as I saw it and didn't really care too much about the trainees.

DOn't be dissin my Yoda.

but correct actor...alas the shakes. For mike is one of my favorites.

i've never seen you go *this* deep before, but I like it; grafting rowling mythology to tolkien lore with a Dr Evil "my father made extravagant claims, like he invented the question mark"-type soliluquy tone; Respect.