Wheeling Jesuit DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uctodpt

Reaction score
Hello, I have an interview at Wheeling Jesuit on November 16th. Does anyone have any information regarding their interview process? I haven't had any luck finding anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, would you mind sharing your stats? I recently applied to Wheeling Jesuit (like 6 days ago lol)) and I think I'll get an interview, but I'm not positive. Hoping to hear back from them soon :)

Hey guys. I’m confused on something with WJU’s program. I know there are interviews this Friday, however on their website it says that they conduct interviews in January...? Are there two rounds of interviews?

Also, today I reached out to see the status of my application (I applied last week, so later than most), and they said that all on-campus interview slots were filled and that I might be contacted for a phone interview. I’m sort of disappointed... Should I lose hope? Has anyone had/know someone who has a phone interview with them? I don’t really know what to think or expect, and I’m a little bummed :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I’m confused on something with WJU’s program. I know there are interviews this Friday, however on their website it says that they conduct interviews in January...? Are there two rounds of interviews?

Also, today I reached out to see the status of my application (I applied last week, so later than most), and they said that all on-campus interview slots were filled and that I might be contacted for a phone interview. I’m sort of disappointed... Should I lose hope? Has anyone had/know someone who has a phone interview with them? I don’t really know what to think or expect, and I’m a little bummed :(

I had a phone interview with them last Friday. They told me it was a phone interview because all of their in person interview spots were full and that a phone interview is not penalized and treated the same way as an in person interview. They said I should hear an admission decision in the next couple of weeks.

Had my phone interview last week.

Got the email today I'm currently waitlisted.

I got rejected after a phone interview :(

So I was told all on-campus interview slots for last week were filled -- I did apply somewhat late, but do you guys think there's still a chance that I will be contacted for a phone interview? Or have they completed all of the phone interviews?

They did tell me that they would host more on-campus interview in January, if needed.... whatever that means, lol

So I was told all on-campus interview slots for last week were filled -- I did apply somewhat late, but do you guys think there's still a chance that I will be contacted for a phone interview? Or have they completed all of the phone interviews?

They did tell me that they would host more on-campus interview in January, if needed.... whatever that means, lol

They will probably have more on-campus interviews if they need more people to fill spots. Have you asked if you still get a phone interview? I know they sent out their acceptance letters today.

They will probably have more on-campus interviews if they need more people to fill spots. Have you asked if you still get a phone interview? I know they sent out their acceptance letters today.
Last week, I asked about it and got a response on 11/14. Here is what it said: "We plan on having another interview day in January if there is a need. Phone interviews can happen at any time. If you are selected, you will receive an email inviting you to do an interview with one of our faculty members. This could be Skype or FaceTime."

I still haven't heard back since. Should I email them again and ask? I'm not really sure what to do

Update.. waitlisted after the phone interview. #55 so I really don’t have much hope..

Hey guys. I applied late and the on-campus interviews filled up, so I was not offered a spot for an interview, but was told that I may receive a phone interview. Last week, a lady told me "We plan on having another interview day in January if there is a need. Phone interviews can happen at any time. If you are selected, you will receive an email inviting you to do an interview with one of our faculty members. This could be Skype or FaceTime."

However, I see a few of you have gotten waitlisted. Does this mean that they won't do anymore interviews?

I also got waitlisted.... how can you tell what number you are on the list?

I replied to the email saying I was waitlisted and asked if they could let me know where I stood on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone... I applied sort of late to Wheeling Jesuit, which might explain my situation. I haven't received an interview (phone or in-person) yet. I emailed someone today and they said my application was still being reviewed by the director. Do you think it's possible for me to still be offered an interview? Or do you think I will be waitlisted/rejected at this point? I'm just kind of confused because I know that they had on-campus interviews earlier in the month, and that they conduct phone interviews, but I haven't been offered either yet. Thanks!

Hey everyone... I applied sort of late to Wheeling Jesuit, which might explain my situation. I haven't received an interview (phone or in-person) yet. I emailed someone today and they said my application was still being reviewed by the director. Do you think it's possible for me to still be offered an interview? Or do you think I will be waitlisted/rejected at this point? I'm just kind of confused because I know that they had on-campus interviews earlier in the month, and that they conduct phone interviews, but I haven't been offered either yet. Thanks!

They may not get back to you right away depending on your stats and what not. They don’t offer interviews for everyone. Since it was just thanksgiving break, it might take them a bit to review applications.

They may not get back to you right away depending on your stats and what not. They don’t offer interviews for everyone. Since it was just thanksgiving break, it might take them a bit to review applications.
I know that. But what I am asking is, will they continue to do interviews? And is it still possible to be accepted into the program?

I know that. But what I am asking is, will they continue to do interviews? And is it still possible to be accepted into the program?
They told me the same thing. They said the director has my application. I am not sure what that means.

They told me the same thing. They said the director has my application. I am not sure what that means.
I got the same response! It's frustrating. I wish I was given more information on the status of my app

I got the same response! It's frustrating. I wish I was given more information on the status of my app
I feel like there isn’t much they can tell us, but it’s hard knowing some people do know their status with them.

I feel like there isn’t much they can tell us, but it’s hard knowing some people do know their status with them.
Yeah, exactly. Also, I'm not sure if they are planning on doing another interview day in January or not yet...? They said that they would "if needed", so I'm not sure if they are going to or not. I have heard some people have already been waitlisted AFTER their interview, so does this mean that they won't do another interview date?

I don't see why they would have another interview date, because if they are placing people on a waitlist, wouldn't that mean the class is full? (Sorry not sure if that's a dumb question or not, lol)

Yeah, exactly. Also, I'm not sure if they are planning on doing another interview day in January or not yet...? They said that they would "if needed", so I'm not sure if they are going to or not. I have heard some people have already been waitlisted AFTER their interview, so does this mean that they won't do another interview date?

I don't see why they would have another interview date, because if they are placing people on a waitlist, wouldn't that mean the class is full? (Sorry not sure if that's a dumb question or not, lol)
I can’t speak for wheeling Jesuit in particular however I have been waitlisted at a school that is still conducting interviews. The school I am waitlisted at conducted Skype interviews as well as one in person interview which is the one I attended. They are holding more Skype interviews and one more in person interview session. So to help answer your question, although they are putting students on the waitlist it does not mean they have given all of the acceptances out already and it does not mean they will not be conducting interviews in the future. The school I am waitlisted at told me that they are only filling a select amount of seats per interview and then once people start denying offers they move towards the waitlist. Most schools go down quite a few on the waitlist. I hope that this helped!!

Reactions: 1 user
Moved from waitlist to accepted! I believe I will be turning it down. I am fairly certain I got into my top choice and cannot risk losing $500.

Moved from waitlist to accepted! I believe I will be turning it down. I am fairly certain I got into my top choice and cannot risk losing $500.

Congrats! Do you know what number you were?

I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and was put on the wait list about four or five days later. I don't know where I am on the wait list at the moment

If it helps I called them and I was #55 on the wait list in November and now I'm #19. I'm going to take myself off the wait list so hope that helps you guys.

Well that's really helpful for me! I found out I am #24 on the wait list two days ago

I was accepted and put my deposit down, but am having second thoughts due to the financial uncertainty around the university. Is anyone in the same boat? The PT program sent an email saying they will still be there, while the university said they would be open next year but gave no assurances for the future beyond 2020

I was just accepted to wheeling this morning. I will be declining the offer as I have accepted an offer from a school close to my home. So I hope that gets someone here in!

I have declined my spot at Wheeling, hope this will give another person a chance!