When are oral boards dates assigned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmbutah

l
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when ABOG notifies you which week you will be taking oral boards?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year it was "By Aug 31, 2020" but last year was a scheduling cluster for obvious reasons so grain of salt. But Some time around Aug / Sep. (Sucks for planning, I know).

Reactions: 1 user
Last year it was "By Aug 31, 2020" but last year was a scheduling cluster for obvious reasons so grain of salt. But Some time around Aug / Sep. (Sucks for planning, I know).
Thank you! And you have no say in what dates you get right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct. ABOG has in the bulletin the following:

"Candidates may NOT request a specific month for their examination unless there is a serious reason that is beyond the control of the candidate such as military deployment, medical issue, or a pregnancy complication. Any request must be accompanied by documentation. Such requests must be received in the ABOG office no later than May 21, 2021. ABOG reserves the right to deny any such request."

Note that pregnancy itself does not seem to count. (Oh the irony).

Reactions: 1 user
Correct. ABOG has in the bulletin the following:

"Candidates may NOT request a specific month for their examination unless there is a serious reason that is beyond the control of the candidate such as military deployment, medical issue, or a pregnancy complication. Any request must be accompanied by documentation. Such requests must be received in the ABOG office no later than May 21, 2021. ABOG reserves the right to deny any such request."

Note that pregnancy itself does not seem to count. (Oh the irony).
I mean, pregnancy would not need to automatically count. I would hope there is some leeway though.