When can I access AADSAS for thie cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepinxlionhar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering when I can access AADSAS and make an account for the application for the upcoming cycle. I'm at the AADSAS page, and I see a login, but I don't have a username or password, and I don't see a "resigstration" link anywhere. Where can I find it, or has it not opened yet?

I ask this because I want to start on my personal statement, and I don't know how many words are allowed, so I wanted to see if I can access AADSAS, but it doesn't seem like I can. So, do you guys know how many words are allowed on the personal statement?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering when I can access AADSAS and make an account for the application for the upcoming cycle. I'm at the AADSAS page, and I see a login, but I don't have a username or password, and I don't see a "resigstration" link anywhere. Where can I find it, or has it not opened yet?

I ask this because I want to start on my personal statement, and I don't know how many words are allowed, so I wanted to see if I can access AADSAS, but it doesn't seem like I can. So, do you guys know how many words are allowed on the personal statement?

Thanks.

June 1st

I knew that they changed it to June 1st this year, but I had no idea we couldn't open an account sooner. I was told by my adviser that I could open one early, and just take a look at it. Psh, it just proves again that pre health advisers don't know anything. Wow, I almost was convinced by them to take a year off. I won't be listening to them ever again.

So anyway, does anyone know how many words can be on the personal statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Personal Statement is 4500 characters including spaces and punctuation. It won't let you go over that at all.

woah its march and you're already thinking about a personal statement...you are way ahead of the game!

Haha, yeah. I'm afraid if I don't start during spring break, I won't have enough time during the quarter juggling work, classes, studying for DATs, personal statements, ECs, all at the same time.

woah its march and you're already thinking about a personal statement...you are way ahead of the game!

I already had to do mine! How long is 4500 characters in size 12 font? 3 pages? I have two pages at 1200 words..but I don't know how many characters that is.

I think that is too much if your average word length is more that 3.5 characters. Usually 4500 characters is about a page, size 10 font, single spaced.

I already had to do mine! How long is 4500 characters in size 12 font? 3 pages? I have two pages at 1200 words..but I don't know how many characters that is.

Is this 2 handwritten pages or 2 typed pages? If you're typing it, just copy/paste into Word and go to Tools--> Word Count and that will give you # of characters (with spaces).

your pre-health adviser was correct, you can access AADSAS early; however, you are a few months late to access the application.

By "early," your adviser hopefully meant that you can access the 2009 application and prepare your application for the 2010 cycle since the application is 99% the same. For instance, my 2010 application is already complete because I have filled out the 2009 application and copy/pasted the questions/answers into a word document.

I see...Then I'm quite late. Well, the thing is, I talked to her about a month ago about how to apply and stuff because I have no clue back then, and I was hoping she'll actually give me a run down as to how AADSAS works and such, but she just told me I can go open one early and just see what they require. But I don't know if a month ago if it was still opened. I still think a lot of advisers are not qualified in helping students apply to professional school.

AADSAS closed when the 2009 cycle closed.

Your best bet to gain information on applying to dental school is through your school's pre-dental society. many school advisers focus on medical school because, unfortunately, med school acceptances are still the chief concern of most undergrad pre-health advisers.