When can I defer my undergrad loans?

Started by Eraserhead
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

E

Eraserhead

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What documentation do I need to defer my federal/private undergraduate loans and when will I get it? I'm an MS1 starting in the Fall, but I'm doing an optional summer program which is not the same as being officially enrolled.

Also, is there any way to get a loan for the summer before medical school for example? For a few thousand dollars perhaps?

Thanks.
 
It usually is quite simple to defer while in school. I did a summer course that techinically was not "part of official medical school" and I couldn't defer my loans until actual school began in the fall.
Check with your medical school's financial aid dept, and they will be best able to advise you....learn to be nice and friendly with them, and it will benefit you...BELIEVE ME!!!!