danph

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Hi everyone! I would like to know if it's ok to take the MCAT your senior year, or after you graduated? Also, is calculas on the MCAT? Thanks

beep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
danph said:
Hi everyone! I would like to know if it's ok to take the MCAT your senior year, or after you graduated? Also, is calculas on the MCAT? Thanks
yes (as long as you take it by the year you apply and not more than three years earlier) and no, respectively.

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm guessing you haven't taken calculus? ;) there's only a few extended derivations and a few integrals, but not too much.

Nah, there isn't any calc on the MCAT.

ghgi8

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2004
Status
april or august

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status
Attending Physician
fateema368 said:
Does it hurt you to take it later,- 1, 2, 10+ years after you've finished pre req's?
I don't think it effects the MCAT, but some schools prefer you to have taken the prereqs within a certain amount of time. Check with individual schools.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
fateema368 said:
Does it hurt you to take it later,- 1, 2, 10+ years after you've finished pre req's?
Preparing for the MCAT gets a bit harder the longer its been since you've taken the prereqs, unless you are working in science or taking upper level things. People forget things, and the bulk of the other people taking the test have just finished the prereqs, so if you are going to take the MCAT many years later, plan on spending significantly more time "reminding" yourself about the basics, and ideally take a test prep course. Also note that there are many schools that will want to see the grades from recent science course work to be sure you can still hack being in a science class, so if you have truly not taken sciences for 10+ years, you may want to take a postbac or some upper level classes in any event.