when do acceptances/rejections come

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronaldo23

The Truth
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
assuming i apply june of jr year, around when do most acceptances/rejections come in, and when do schools call you for an interview?

also, is it true that it is absolutely crucial to apply in june of jr year, because of rolling admissions? i had heard from someone that certain med schools pick like 2/3 of candidates on the first day they receive applications...

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you might get interviews as soon as September, and you could be accepted/rejected a couple weeks to a couple months after that. However, just because you apply early doesn't mean you'll find out early; some schools may place you on hold and decide later whether or not they want to interview you.

Members don't see this ad :)
assuming i apply june of jr year, around when do most acceptances/rejections come in, and when do schools call you for an interview?

also, is it true that it is absolutely crucial to apply in june of jr year, because of rolling admissions? i had heard from someone that certain med schools pick like 2/3 of candidates on the first day they receive applications...

There is no set time frame for when acceptances or rejections come in. You can get an acceptance as early as October 15th, and continue to get them well into the spring and sometimes summer. Rejections can come anytime from the second you submit your AMCAS.

It's not absolutely crucial to apply in June, but applying early gives you an edge because of rolling admissions. Why not give yourself the best chances possible? I highly doubt that med schools pick 2/3 of their candidates on the first day they receive applications. That's just not true.

Hopefully sooner than later. The worst part of the application process is the waiting. Once you get that first acceptance, you are able to relax. Until then, it's unfortunately pure hell. :thumbdown:(

You may not get an interview invite until late spring, or an acceptance/rejection until June, so it can be a long painful wait. On the other hand, you may get invites in the fall and acceptances before Christmas.