When do most people take the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KenAzTorch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im starting freshman year as an undergraduate and I want to make a schedule that will efficiently benefit me for the DAT. I want to know specifically what year of undergrad and what semester. Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

I am studying it for it right now. It is my sophomore summer and planning on taking it sometime in August (hopefully if I am ready). I feel like people usually take it either the summer after sophomore year (like me since the material is "fresh") or junior year spring/summer (but I am doing it early so I can focus on applications during that time and be able to apply early).

after studying for DAT,
honestly i dont think it is THAT difficult as i expected
expecially gc and oc are not as detailed as i thought
i almost had zero background of oc but i guess im doing pretty well
so i guess taking gc and bio during freshman and studying for dat during summer will be i great idea
i wish i could have started earlier..

I am studying it for it right now. It is my sophomore summer and planning on taking it sometime in August (hopefully if I am ready). I feel like people usually take it either the summer after sophomore year (like me since the material is "fresh") or junior year spring/summer (but I am doing it early so I can focus on applications during that time and be able to apply early).

What's the difference between taking it sophomore summer and junior summer other than "it being fresh?" Do you get an advantage when applying?