When do schools read the Personal Statement ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got 2 interviews last cycle, which means they read my PS.

What about schools that rejected me, do u think they read a PS before rejecting or do they just look at GPA/DAT ?

Members don't see this ad.

of course they would..

they look at your whole application. they probably divide applicants into competitive, borderline, or not competitive based off of DAT and gpa for the first round of screening.

if you're borderline they probably pay more attention to your application, and take into account your personal statement, any extenuating circumstances, etc.

and no offense, getting an interview at lecom hardly counts for anything. lecom was my only interview, and they pretty much interviewed everyone who applied and showed interest. ("and" being the key word here).

kudos on your other interview though.

Last edited:
so they actually have stages when they get your applications.

First step: They look at your states... GPA and DAT. If that meets their minimum requirements than your app moves to the next phase.

Second Stage: They read your LOR and Personal Statements. Including your extracurricular. If there was no red flags than your app moves forward.

Third Stage: They now take a deeper look at everything. They begin making a pile of those they really want to invite for interviews and those there are not 100% sure. ETC...

This is the general process of how they do things. Some schools a little different but generally thats how it all starts out.