When do secondaries get sent out? Issue with secondaries coinciding with MCAT studying

Kchiem

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi everyone!

I am planning on submitting my application by the end of this week or the next. My question is, after verification (however long that may be) when do schools send out secondaries? My MCAT test date is 7/23

I am worried that if I submit within the next week or so, I might receive secondaries before my MCAT and that I will not have the time to both study and write secondaries at the same time. I know that there is a deadline for some schools as to how long you have to submit secondaries. Will schools even send out secondaries without my MCAT score on file? I really appreciate any input from your guys! Please let me know

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi! AACOMAS transmits on June 15th. S it's possible that you get secondaries on the 16th. I've been looking at some of the threads from previous years and it looks like some schools are super active but others take a couple of weeks. I've seen some people submit to a throw away school so their app gets verified, then apply to more after their MCAT score is released.

Reactions: 1 user

Kchiem

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi! AACOMAS transmits on June 15th. S it's possible that you get secondaries on the 16th. I've been looking at some of the threads from previous years and it looks like some schools are super active but others take a couple of weeks. I've seen some people submit to a throw away school so their app gets verified, then apply to more after their MCAT score is released.

Do you know if schools will even send out secondaries if MCAT score is not received?

About the Ads

lumya

Indoor Cat
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do you know if schools will even send out secondaries if MCAT score is not received?
I got this email in March when MCATs were first being cancelled. It doesn’t explicitly say secondaries but I would assume if they’re open to interviewing without your score, they would send secondaries.

Attachments

• 29915253-E382-4D6B-A370-083A154D98A2.jpeg
    29915253-E382-4D6B-A370-083A154D98A2.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 9

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi everyone!

I am planning on submitting my application by the end of this week or the next. My question is, after verification (however long that may be) when do schools send out secondaries? My MCAT test date is 7/23

I am worried that if I submit within the next week or so, I might receive secondaries before my MCAT and that I will not have the time to both study and write secondaries at the same time. I know that there is a deadline for some schools as to how long you have to submit secondaries. Will schools even send out secondaries without my MCAT score on file? I really appreciate any input from your guys! Please let me know
Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Other than getting verified, do NOT apply without having your MCAT score in hand.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.