When do they look at your GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychis4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing my last year this coming year (2007-2008). I know that most grad school look at your last 10 credits - does that mean my GPA this year won't count? (since application is due usually in nov - jan?) Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Way cool, I just asked the same question of my prof today, well, kinda thesame but here's the answer

Your gpa for your fall semester credits count for this year as they will receive these marks in time.
Then all of your marks from last year will count.
Then 5 of your marks from the last semest of the year before that will count

That makes 10 full credits. ya get ?

got it, thanks!

that really sucks.. then there's really no point for me to do well on my spring term : (

Members don't see this ad :)
got it, thanks!

that really sucks.. then there's really no point for me to do well on my spring term : (

I have heard, although I have not personally experienced this, that acceptances to grad school are occasionally made on the condition of the applicant getting above some cutoff in their last term in undergrad. I have no idea if that's common or rare or only happened once and I happened to hear about it.

Yeah that make sense..
but I was hoping I could use my spring term to pull up my GPA so I could get a better chance of being accepted : (

Actually, if you're applying this year, then this fall's grades may not count to your GPA either dependent upon the program's deadlines. Some will have deadlines prior to the end of your semester, in which case they would not be able to assess your current semester's grades. Furthermore, I'm not sure where 10-credit hours is coming from as most of the programs I applied to looked at your cumulative (overall) GPA, major GPA, and then last 30-60 hours (depending upon the program).

G'luck~