When do you get informed about scholarship offers from optometry schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SophieB

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've seen on ICO's website that they offer a Presidential scholarship to incoming students. Does anyone know when applicants are told they've received this scholarships (or any scholarship from any school)? Also if you got a scholarship, what your stats were.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So I've seen on ICO's website that they offer a Presidential scholarship to incoming students. Does anyone know when applicants are told they've received this scholarships (or any scholarship from any school)? Also if you got a scholarship, what your stats were.

Thank you!
I was told that I had received a scholarship about 2 weeks after I had been accepted. They called me to inform me. My stats are: 370 AA 380 TS for OAT, Human Biology major, 4.0 GPA, Pre-optometry president, peer mentor, Human Anatomy TA, Physiology TA, 2-years as an optometric assistant, and volunteer experience, among others. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I got my scholarship info in the same envelope as my acceptance letter. I got the trustee's scholarship, which is the one after presidential. I have a 360 AA/350 SA and a 3.53

Reactions: 1 user