When do you get informed about scholarship offers from optometry schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SophieB

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've seen on ICO's website that they offer a Presidential scholarship to incoming students. Does anyone know when applicants are told they've received this scholarships (or any scholarship from any school)? Also if you got a scholarship, what your stats were.

Thank you!
 
So I've seen on ICO's website that they offer a Presidential scholarship to incoming students. Does anyone know when applicants are told they've received this scholarships (or any scholarship from any school)? Also if you got a scholarship, what your stats were.

Thank you!
I was told that I had received a scholarship about 2 weeks after I had been accepted. They called me to inform me. My stats are: 370 AA 380 TS for OAT, Human Biology major, 4.0 GPA, Pre-optometry president, peer mentor, Human Anatomy TA, Physiology TA, 2-years as an optometric assistant, and volunteer experience, among others. Hope that helps!
 
I got my scholarship info in the same envelope as my acceptance letter. I got the trustee's scholarship, which is the one after presidential. I have a 360 AA/350 SA and a 3.53