When do you use Bernoulli's Equation??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marjan Islam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've done some 10 Full Lengths, and who knows how many thousands of problems, but I can't remember a single instance when I used this equation! Maybe I got the questions wrong where I was SUPPOSE to use it, but I can't remember an instance where that happened.

I know the equation says that increase pressure means decreased velocity (in the same height), and I have been tested with that, but not with anything calculation based or anything.

What should I be taking away from this equation? And do I REALLY have to memorize it?

Members don't see this ad.

I've done some 10 Full Lengths, and who knows how many thousands of problems, but I can't remember a single instance when I used this equation! Maybe I got the questions wrong where I was SUPPOSE to use it, but I can't remember an instance where that happened.

I know the equation says that increase pressure means decreased velocity (in the same height), and I have been tested with that, but not with anything calculation based or anything.

What should I be taking away from this equation? And do I REALLY have to memorize it?

I would memorize it just in case. If you know it, then you'll be able to know all the pressure, height, velocity relations you'd need.

Easy way to remember it. Take the equation for conversation of energy - mgh + 1/2mv^2 and replace the m's with rho's and then add pressure. so we have p + (rho)gh + 1/2(rho)v^2