When does Conditional acceptance change to final acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iDreamofDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering when the conditional acceptance will change to a permanent acceptance...After they review the background check, get the deposit and receive the final transcript?? do you receive another letter saying you have matriculated?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
curious about this too.... maybe some people who have gone through this as well can tell us (dental students)

I think it's always conditional ... but they wont revoke an acceptance unless there are extreme circumstances I'm sure.

I believe conditional acceptances are not official until some/all of the following are met (according to each school):

- All LORs are received.
- Final grades/transcripts received.
- Background check is clear.
- Immunization records up-to-date.
- Physical examination clear.
- Deposit mailed.
- (Etc.)

Each school should tell you what they require, but the list I mentioned seems to be pretty standard.

I mean... isn't it always conditional? They could totally take it back halfway through your schooling if they find out you lied about something.

Add to the list of things to do before matriculation... probably CPR certification.

Is this in reference to any school in particular or in general? Was there a specific condition?