Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

When does interview season absolutely end?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by fiatslug, May 19, 2000.

1. fiatslug

fiatslug Senior Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I'm asking because my boyfriend applied late (August MCAT) and so far, with 35 MCATs (better than mine! but I applied in June), and good grades, he's only gotten one interview. He's still waiting to hear from some schools, but is that just a matter of housekeeping at this point? Anyone know of May/June/July interviews? I'm not too hopeful...

Eileen
    UC Irvine COM 2004

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    Housekeeping season is in full swing at most med schools. If you don't get an interview by early, early, early May, it most likely means the med schools are just waiting to send their rejections, which you probably won't receive until the summer.

Late April is also pretty late for an interview and acceptance, but it happens. For most schools an interview in February/March is already pretty late and most applicants at that point are guaranteed a waitlist spot.

Tim of New York City.

4. Carbon Klein

Carbon Klein Senior Member

With a 35 MCAT and a late application (I was also an Aug 99 MCAT taker and I got my AMCAS in around Oct but got a ton of interviews) resulting in only one interview, your bf should start preparing for next year's AMCAS right now. He should get his request for the AMCAS into the AAMC and then have that filled out early and I bet he'll get a zillion interviews and if he does well, I bet he'll get a ton of offers and probably from some really great schools!

In the meantime, if I were him, I'd take one year off to do some research/volunteer work and (while YOU were studying diligently) to do some travelling and have some fun. [​IMG]

Cheap Airline Tickets Online

5. Sheon

Sheon Senior Member

A lot of your answer also depends on where you apply. The "low end" schools tend to have vacancies that continue well into AUGUST.

I have known people to interview in JULY and actually find out about acceptances in September (after classes has already begun).

If you didn't apply to the lower schools though, you are probably facing the issues outlined in previous posts.