when does school start for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melucla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im applying this year, and i want to know when all the schools start classes, because i may have to take a summer class before i head to optometry school (depending on the school i get into...especially w berkeley's many prereqs). summer school would end a few days into august...before the 6th. im hoping optometry schools start at least a week later! itd be a shock to go right from school to school.

so if you can post your school and the start date (for this year or any year), thatd be helpful, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

PCO usually starts the last week of august, although orientation is the whole week before that.

Members don't see this ad :)
New England College of Optometry had orientation on September 4.

thanks all! now if someone from ICO, SCCO, UCB, OSU or SUNY could chime in :)

thanks all! now if someone from ICO, SCCO, UCB, OSU or SUNY could chime in :)
scco started on the 20th of this year and orientation was the fri/sat before, so id say scco starts in the third week of august usually

SUNY was the same as SCCO. Orientation was on August 16-17, and classes started August 20th.

osu is on the quarter system so we dont start until sept 17(orientation) then classes start on the 19th

UHCO is usually mid-August.

UMSL started on August 20th (The first years had two days of orientation on the 16th & 17th).