When has your school said they'll try to get you back by?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Now that some states are opening up, when has your school told you that you'll be back?

• early may

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • mid may

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • late may

• early june

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • mid june

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • late june

• early july

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • mid july

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • late july

• school hasnt told us anything

Votes: 29 29.3%
  • we arent coming back :///

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Now that some states are opening up, when has your school told you that you'll be back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
The latest news from VCU is that there is no chance we would be back before June 10’th but realistically it could even be as far as late July.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
May 26th with mandatory masks and labs at half capacity to reduce the amount of people in there

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts:
Incoming D1s will most likely be remote for fall semester
D2s-D4s are at the liberty of our governor with May 18th being our next “reopening” date
But they expect June 1st to be the earliest of our clinics reopening

The concern is if there’s a second wave in the fall; there’s going to be a very short period of time for people to be able to return to finish graduation requirements

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I've heard OSU currently tentatively thinks back to preclinic labs May 18th and back to clinic June 1-15 sometime... The stay at home order in Ohio is May 29 now and I believe there is a 14 day quarantine for if anyone went home out of state and is coming back... So, this may now change according to those, the university higher ups, and PPE levles.

Last edited:
This is for fourth year students?
Current (graduating) fourth years can come early to comp sims if need be to meet graduating requirements, but not other students.

My guess at this point for our returning date would be late May.

June 1st at earliest, or August or whenever? They originally said mid-may but have pushed it back several times now. would not be smart to open everything up and just to close it when the second wave hits. still no word on how they'll be able to acquire or afford ppe

June 1st at earliest, or August or whenever? They originally said mid-may but have pushed it back several times now. would not be smart to open everything up and just to close it when the second wave hits. still no word on how they'll be able to acquire or afford ppe

As of now we're going back July , my guess is it may extend further.