When is emailing admissions officers rude?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kem9987221

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering, is it rude to email admissions officers to ask about the status of your application?

I applied to Glasgow and I know some people have heard about interivews, and i checked the dates that people heard last year and they seem to have sent their invites out on the same day and people who were rejected recieved emails a week or so later (all of this occuring in the first few weeks of November.)

So would it be bad (or horribly impatient) of me to ask about the status of my application?

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Patience...I would give it a couple of weeks. They are busy with applications and whatnot right now.

If you want to make sure they received all of your things (letters, GREs etc) then you could ask to make sure your application is complete. if you just want to know if you're accepted/rejected/where is my letter?? then dont write or call them

Enjoy the holidays, make a gingerbread house, build a snow man, sing childish christmas songs lol just a few more weeks to wait and it will be Jan before you know it! then the letters REALLY start coming in!

Yeah I wouldn't email unless you ask about the receipt of your materials. Don't fret though, I think I rememeber people getting invited to interview to Glasgow in late december last year.

you might want to try searching for the official interview invites 2014 thread to check.