when is it "late" to send in secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. H

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just gota few but i'm not in the best of moods to start on them plus I'm waiting for a few rec letters. As long as I send them in before Sept. would be fine, will it it really make or break me if I send them in now or after 1 month or more.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

WHATS UP BRO
I WOULD SEND THEM IN AS THEY COME IN SO THEY DONT BUNCH UP SOME OF THEM ARE FAIRLY EASY ANYWAYS CONGRATS ON GETTING SEC. AND GOOD LUCK

Since this is pretty much a normal year, I'd say you're in pretty good shape if all files are complete by mid-September. August MCAT'ers should have their mcat scores be the last thing to complete their file around mid to late October. What you have to remember is that a lot of schools interview applicants by tiers. Not all but many do. Don't be surprised to find your application to be sitting on many hold piles regardless of how early it's complete if you're not numerically qualified for a school.

I agree with PS- for me, late is the week before the deadline. Within the next few weeks is REALLY early. SDN land seems to be on a different times scale- about 3 months ahead of the rest of the world. --Trek