When is it okay to leave "Additional comments" essay on secondaries blank?

Aug 7, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I know this has been asked before, but I have a slightly more specific question. I noticed that some schools just ask "Do you have any additional comments to add" while other schools are more specific "Do you have any additional comments to add such as X, Y, Z..."

For the ones that specify things to talk about (Diversity, adversity, gap year, etc.) is it better to write something or just leave it blank? I know in general unless you have something really interesting to talk about, writing anything for the additional comments section doesn't really do anything for your applications. But when schools specify, I feel like they are expecting something and it's better not to leave blank.

Is it better to write something for schools that seemingly expect an answer?

Mar 1, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Honestly if it is optional, then you can leave it blank. If you have something to say, then put it in. Last year, I got paranoid and thought I should fill out everything so I look interested. Yeah it didn't matter and I'm a reapp this time. Now, I'm just focusing on quality and not trying to force answers. For additional comments, if you have a update on what your currently doing or a diversity essay very important to you then fill it out by all means. But if you just want to fill space, then don't.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads