Step III When is the best time to take the new COMLEX 3?

Started by psych72
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psych72

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Graduating 4th year here...I was wondering with the new CDM humanistic component they were thinking about adding, is it a good idea to take the test immediately after graduating 4th year? I am pretty much done with rotations as of right now. I am just filling out residency paperwork and selling a bunch of my stuff. Should I just do DIT or something to help refresh things? I took COMLEX 2 in August, so hasn't been too long. I really just need to revive OMM, OB and Peds, but the rest should not be too foggy for me.

I am going to be a Psychiatry intern, so I'll have a couple months of FM and IM, with Neuro mixed in. I really just want to get this pesky exam out of the way with minimal effort, but don't want to be thrown for a loop should they have weird fill in the blank type of Q's (which I don't think are refelcted on COMBANK or COMQUEST) right now.

Thanks for any input!
 
Graduating 4th year here...I was wondering with the new CDM humanistic component they were thinking about adding, is it a good idea to take the test immediately after graduating 4th year? I am pretty much done with rotations as of right now. I am just filling out residency paperwork and selling a bunch of my stuff. Should I just do DIT or something to help refresh things? I took COMLEX 2 in August, so hasn't been too long. I really just need to revive OMM, OB and Peds, but the rest should not be too foggy for me.

I am going to be a Psychiatry intern, so I'll have a couple months of FM and IM, with Neuro mixed in. I really just want to get this pesky exam out of the way with minimal effort, but don't want to be thrown for a loop should they have weird fill in the blank type of Q's (which I don't think are refelcted on COMBANK or COMQUEST) right now.

Thanks for any input!

Bumping this for anyone. Im really curious because I spent a lot of time studying for step 2 last year...anything in intern year going to help me for it?
 
I doubt you'll learn too much OB, peds during intern year which from reading the COMLEX 3 thread the test is heavy in. So if you feel comfortable with how much you know and can cram in ob, peds, omm and have free time then why not, i think the reason most ppl don't take it is because theres no need to rush it and who wants to study after graduation when you can travel, chill before you can't anymore