When people use UWORLD for shelf exams, are they using the STEP 2 CK pack?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted905798

Hi everyone, I was just curious I've seen people say they use UWORLD as their main Q-bank resource for shelf exams during rotations

-are they buying a whole new package (the STEP 2 CK) when they mention this? On the UWORLD website I only see Internal Medicine/Family medicine specific packs and they're pretty darn expensive haha

-if anybody could point me in the right direction (links or advice/tips) that would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it was the entire step 2 ck course

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At the beginning of your clinical year you should get the 2-year CK package with a reset. Use it for your shelf exams. Then when it comes time to study for CK, reset and have at it.

Reactions: 1 users
At the beginning of your clinical year you should get the 2-year CK package with a reset. Use it for your shelf exams. Then when it comes time to study for CK, reset and have at it.
Thank you! and so just to clarify, those other two packages on UWORLD besides the CK package--the internal med/family med packs--are extra?

Thank you! and so just to clarify, those other two packages on UWORLD besides the CK package--the internal med/family med packs--are extra?
I don't think those existed when I was in med school, but if they're for ABIM then they're for board certification after IM residency.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely buy UW Step 2 CK with the two UWSAs at the start of your clinical years, do it once during rotations and studying for shelves. Reset it after your last shelf exam and do it again in random, timed mode for your dedicated period before s2 CK.

Reactions: 1 users
new level of gunning. ABIM board review for IM shelf

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users