When requesting a transfer what is the best reason to give?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crossurfingers

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to transfer out to another pharmacy because of a lot of the staff changes. This is a really busy pharmacy and it is so stressful for me and honestly I am scared that mistakes will happen especially now. All of the tech help is new so I do a lot of data entry and verification myself plus a lot of the other insurance issues and problems they don't know how to deal with yet. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the time. It's a revolving door of techs so I am not sure it will get better with time since people end up leaving and there's always a new batch in the door. I am really worried about when all the flu shots start up again because even last year it was chaos even with the experienced techs.

So, what should I tell my supervisor? I don't want to seem like I can't handle a busy store. I just don't want to be in a situation where there is such a high risk for mistakes.
 
Unless you can come up with another legitimate reason for transferring (ie wanting a store closer to your house....or maybe to your SO, or a store which can give you better hours), it will sound like you can't handle a busy store.
 
They will know you're transferring because you can't handle it. The problem stores always have pharmacists asking to move. Oddly enough at the slow stores the only time people leave on their own is when they leave the company for good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad