When should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FishermanDon99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I am a 4th year Microbio major at Uf and I am enrolled in a 4+1 masters program. The way the program works is during my senior year I take both grad courses as well as undergrad courses and then the 5th year I take strictly grad courses. I'll be done with my second semester of undergrad/grad courses by the end of this semester but I will not have taken a full semester of graduate courses until fall, which is well into the 2017 application cycle. My question is when should I apply? The masters is to compensate for a subpar undergrad gpa so I am worried that I won't have enough graduate coursework just yet when it comes time to apply. Should I just apply for 2017 cycle with little graduate coursework and then update my grades once the semester ends or should I just wait for the 2018 cycle when I'll be completely done with the masters?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all
I am a 4th year Microbio major at Uf and I am enrolled in a 4+1 masters program. The way the program works is during my senior year I take both grad courses as well as undergrad courses and then the 5th year I take strictly grad courses. I'll be done with my second semester of undergrad/grad courses by the end of this semester but I will not have taken a full semester of graduate courses until fall, which is well into the 2017 application cycle. My question is when should I apply? The masters is to compensate for a subpar undergrad gpa so I am worried that I won't have enough graduate coursework just yet when it comes time to apply. Should I just apply for 2017 cycle with little graduate coursework and then update my grades once the semester ends or should I just wait for the 2018 cycle when I'll be completely done with the masters?
Forgot to mention my stats, I am a URM, my Mcat is 31, I have excellent ECs and involvement and good LORs. My undergrad cGPA is 3.3 and sGPA is 3.3 with very strong upward trends. My grad GPA is 3.775