When should I apply?

Started by FishermanDon99
Tags Tags
msc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FishermanDon99

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all
I am a 4th year Microbio major at Uf and I am enrolled in a 4+1 masters program. The way the program works is during my senior year I take both grad courses as well as undergrad courses and then the 5th year I take strictly grad courses. I'll be done with my second semester of undergrad/grad courses by the end of this semester but I will not have taken a full semester of graduate courses until fall, which is well into the 2017 application cycle. My question is when should I apply? The masters is to compensate for a subpar undergrad gpa so I am worried that I won't have enough graduate coursework just yet when it comes time to apply. Should I just apply for 2017 cycle with little graduate coursework and then update my grades once the semester ends or should I just wait for the 2018 cycle when I'll be completely done with the masters?
 
Hi all
I am a 4th year Microbio major at Uf and I am enrolled in a 4+1 masters program. The way the program works is during my senior year I take both grad courses as well as undergrad courses and then the 5th year I take strictly grad courses. I'll be done with my second semester of undergrad/grad courses by the end of this semester but I will not have taken a full semester of graduate courses until fall, which is well into the 2017 application cycle. My question is when should I apply? The masters is to compensate for a subpar undergrad gpa so I am worried that I won't have enough graduate coursework just yet when it comes time to apply. Should I just apply for 2017 cycle with little graduate coursework and then update my grades once the semester ends or should I just wait for the 2018 cycle when I'll be completely done with the masters?
Forgot to mention my stats, I am a URM, my Mcat is 31, I have excellent ECs and involvement and good LORs. My undergrad cGPA is 3.3 and sGPA is 3.3 with very strong upward trends. My grad GPA is 3.775