When should I be complete with content review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

up40loves

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up to take the MCAT on July 17. When should I be complete with content review & practice problems? Should I leave a 1 or 2 months free just to do full-length practice exams?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, a good number of practice tests to take is about 12-14 I'd say. The 8 AAMCs, and 4-6 Kaplan/Princeton/Berkley/Gold Standard/whatever.

So, about June 1st would be a good safe time to be done with content. This'll give you a test about every 2-3 days, in between you can go over the test, and content review over weak areas.

I don't know that you need to take 12-14 practice tests. I'm planning on only taking the AAMC practice tests (so 7) and maybe one or two more if I can find them/feel like it.

I'm in the same position as you, so I made an excel sheet to plan out exactly what topics to cover each day - I've set aside 1.5-2 hours a day for reading through a topic and then another 1.5-2 hours the next day for practice problems. Starting March 22nd, my content review is over June 20th and that's with taking off one or two days a week, leaving about a month for practice tests. Conveniently, that month is also the month after school ends, so I'll be able to devote MUCH more time to the MCAT.