When should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've submitted my secondaries to many schools, but haven't heard anything back. I didn't even get secondary invite for some schools too (LUCOM, WVSOM, Touro, etc). When should I start worrying about not getting any interview invites, and start prepare for the next cycle? My stats are below average with 3.18 cGPA, 3.2 overall GPA, 3.4 sGPA and 26 MCAT. I have military background with extensive research experience, if that makes any difference. I feel like I won't get any love this cycle =(.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldnt worry too much much so early on. Alot of schools haven't even sent interview invites yet and the ones who are just started. I imagine they'll keep sending them through the season so even if you are not competitive enough for one now, they may give you one later on. I'd begin to sweat personally in Dec., as october and november seems to be prime time interview season.

Also some schools havent sent secondaries yet or are doing them in batches so if you didnt submit early, it may take longer. I know Touro NV hasnt even sent anything yet to anyone. Also check your spam folders if you feel you should have recieved secondaries from schools. Your GPA will screen you out in some schools but I cant imagine it will from everyone, especially with military experience.

I've submitted my secondaries to many schools, but haven't heard anything back. I didn't even get secondary invite for some schools too (LUCOM, WVSOM, Touro, etc). When should I start worrying about not getting any interview invites, and start prepare for the next cycle? My stats are below average with 3.18 cGPA, 3.2 overall GPA, 3.4 sGPA and 26 MCAT. I have military background with extensive research experience, if that makes any difference. I feel like I won't get any love this cycle =(.
So few people have received II so far that I wouldn't start freaking out util 9/1. It seems like by then most people who submitted early have an II. But I understand the angst of reading these forums and hearing about all these II when you don't have one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
These forums can drive you nuts if your the type who's following what's going on with everyone else.

C'mon zinc....do you mean "why aren't they rushing to my door to give me interviews???"

OR

"Can't they acknowledge that they've received my materials?"

In either case, patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

My school gets ~5000+ apps each year. Please give my wily old Admissions dean time to work his way down the pile to your app. It's only the first week of August.

If you haven't heard anything by springtime, that's the time to work on Plan B.

Heya! in the same boat here lol
The waiting is hard, try taking your mind of it or you will drive yourself insane. I submitted my secondaries, but one of my LORs was uploaded a little late, so hopefully that is causing the delay. But yes, I am getting worried nevertheless. :eek::eek:

You are in fantastic shape with that. Hello Goro told someone who had similar stats with you the other day they might be competitive for lower tier MDs with a military background and leadership.

Thank you everyone for your words. @Goro, I will try to be patient, but it certainly is difficult not to worry, especially while raising a young family. Good luck everyone!

no one has heard a peep from WVSOM