when should i hear from temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharsky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i interviewed at temple mar 22....are they still offering acceptances or only waitlists and rejections? i have yet to hear from them. i'd appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

well i think temple is recently known to have a good amount of waitlist movement, so even if you do get on the waitlist...you should still have lots of hope.

threads in the past have stated that temple can still give acceptances this late in the process as well...3 weeks relatively speaking isnt too long of a wait...maybe 4-6 weeks would be a reasonable wait...but if you are worried or would like to know your status, throw them a call.

I interviewed in the beginning of February and was told I was interviewing for a waitlist spot, which is what I got 2-3 weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
They tell you on the phone if you're rejected or waitlisted?

sharsky said:
They tell you on the phone if you're rejected or waitlisted?

no. they send you a letter with a vaguer "continuing applicant" notification. if you do move off that (which i did on june 2nd last yr, i think) they do call you. in case you have a smart-ass voicemail message, you should change it. trust me. i know.

Audioslave said:
I interviewed in the beginning of February and was told I was interviewing for a waitlist spot, which is what I got 2-3 weeks later.

I wonder if schools will ever admit you're interviewing for a rejection. That'd be completely demoralizing.

uclacrewdude said:
no. they send you a letter with a vaguer "continuing applicant" notification. if you do move off that (which i did on june 2nd last yr, i think) they do call you. in case you have a smart-ass voicemail message, you should change it. trust me. i know.

The "continuing applicant" is not a waitlist. It's more eqiavalent to hold I was put on the "continuing applicant" list 3 weeks after my interview and then got accepted 3 months later via snail mail.

I think the CCL IS their waitlist because I don't know of anyone who has received anything else but a CCL letter.

TheRussian said:
The "continuing applicant" is not a waitlist. It's more eqiavalent to hold I was put on the "continuing applicant" list 3 weeks after my interview and then got accepted 3 months later via snail mail.

No - UCLA is right. CCL is our version of a waitlist - it's just what we call it here.

Nice hearing about your answering machiine mesage dude...

I got called mid-June to be offered a spot off the CCL after having interviewed in January. My year seems to have had good waitlist movement, but I believe it is variable because the year before me did not have as much waitlist movement. One dude got called up the week of orientation.