When should I start calling schools about my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do I start calling schools about how the process is going? I know some say explicitly in their emails "don't contact us until we contact you." I submitted on June 13th. So far have only heard from one school about an invite for an interview, and I applied to 26 including both Midwestern's.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would not call any schools. It's still super early in the process. My application was mailed in July and I didn't get my first interview invite until late September.

Reactions: 5 users
It's way too early to contact schools as most of them haven't even started interviewing yet. Also, just because you submit your app early that doesn't guarantee an early interview. Don't worry they haven't forgotten about you.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhh in October or November?

Reactions: 1 users
Youz guyz all changed your status to dental student!!
I'm behind the curve...

Reactions: 3 users
I got my loan confirmation from my school 2 weeks ago. Wooooot....well now reality hits me.

Reactions: 1 user
<--------Hater.

I just signed my MPN and I didn't even get a lousy tshirt.

You misunderstood whichever government employee is assigned to your case gets a t-shirt. They're celebrating all that moolah at high interest why would you be?

When do I start calling schools about how the process is going? I know some say explicitly in their emails "don't contact us until we contact you." I submitted on June 13th. So far have only heard from one school about an invite for an interview, and I applied to 26 including both Midwestern's.

Do you want feedback from my experience? It's never too early. The people you'll contact are already there. They are getting paid to talk to applicants such as yourself. Don't be shy. Failing to follow-up may lead to you finding out something way too late to correct. In fact, last cycle I waited past the deadline only to find out that I was invited for a secondary but I never did it so I was never considered. When I told them on AADSAS it says only by invite and I was never invited, it turned out to be a system glitch. Due to "rules", I couldn't be considered. Also, this cycle I found some issues.

Moral of the story, never too early. Be nice, courteous, friendly, and don't be pushy.

I would not call any schools. It's still super early in the process. My application was mailed in July and I didn't get my first interview invite until late September.

Stats? What schools?

3.58 oGPA
3.28 sGPA
20AA/19TS

Order of interview invites: UNE, LECOM, MWU AZ, NYU, Tufts

Cool man! Congrats! Do you recall how long after you submitted until you got a secondary and then interview invite for UNE and LECOM?

Cool man! Congrats! Do you recall how long after you submitted until you got a secondary and then interview invite for UNE and LECOM?
I had secondaries right away. The interview invites then took 3ish months after submitting my secondaries. My NYU and Tufts were post-december invites, so those obviously took longer.