When Should I Start Studying?

Started by EMTI
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EMTI

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a post bac student and have finished all of my bio requirements (my school still runs on the quarter system, so that includes bio I, II, and III). I will be taking chemistry beginning in a couple of days, followed by my physics, and then my orgos.

Although I have another year a half before it's time to apply (yes, post bac is going to take forever considering I have 2 jobs, volunteer, and, most importantly, have to pay for my credits completely out of pocket-- like most of you I'm sure can relate!) I'm wondering if I can begin studying for the MCAT bio and verbal sections (my degree is in English)?

I want to get an idea of my "retention" and how well these classes are preparing me, as well as getting a feel for the test itself.

Anyone have any advice on how to go about this? I own several prep books with practice tests from various companies (mostly Kaplan).