When should I start taking FL's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artist27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started studying using Kaplan's 7 book set and plan on finishing content review by the end of January. I have heard how important taking practice exams is, so plan on spending February and March doing practice questions/exams over and over to be prepared for an April test date.
My question is this: should I wait to be completely finished with content review before I start taking full length exams? Or should I sprinkle them in with my reviewing? Kaplan does have study questions at the end of each chapter but I find them to be kind of useless because they are not in the same format as the actual MCAT questions (They are not passage-based, just basic multiple choice questions).
I have access to 3 full length online Kaplan exams and 1 official AAMC online, as well as online study questions (the ones that came with the fee assistance program). I previously planned to save these until I'm completely done studying, but as I started reviewing, I felt that I should be doing practice passages as well.
Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.