When should secondaries be done by?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically I have a bunch of secondaries in my email right now, haven't done any yet.

When should I have all of them finished by? Obviously sooner than later but when is too late?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
September being too late or when I ideally should have them all done?
have them done. most schools do rolling and they start handing out interview dates by october

By SDN standards yesterday.

How would you suggest getting 25+ secondaries done in two weeks? :scared:
you are fine. don't let sdn freak you out. This whole "finish everything by August" neuroticism only exists on SDN. You SHOULD try to finish them as quickly as possible. I would shoot for being done by September.

Prioritize your list and do the ones first where you really want to go to their schools or they are a great backups (surely you can't really want to go to 25+ school). Also a few other things to keep in mind, some secondaries won't have essays (just need other simple stuff) and just require you to pay so these can be done really quickly. Additionally, some seconaries have a certain time frame that they need to be completed in (keep this in mind). Good luck!

Yeah, that's probably not possible. Just do your best at getting them done ASAP. Turn in all of the ones that don't have any essays in 1 day. From there, if you have the time shoot for 1 every day or 1 every other day. Also, keep in mind that the later ones will go faster because you'll be able to copy and paste some of the essays.

try to have them done by september. You're golden if you do this.

Speaking of secondaries, this may be a dumb question, but is there anything you are supposed to do to officially withdraw from a school after receiving their secondary, or do you just not fill it out?

Speaking of secondaries, this may be a dumb question, but is there anything you are supposed to do to officially withdraw from a school after receiving their secondary, or do you just not fill it out?

I am pretty sure you just call and tell them that you do not want to be considered as a applicant.

Also, to the op, lot of schools do rolling admissions and start offering interviews starting October. Also, most school say, one month after you receive their secondary.

Alright, I submitted amcas on 7/24 and am obviously not verified. Should I be worried that I have only received 3 secondaries?

Not filling it out is basically the same as withdrawing.

Alright, I submitted amcas on 7/24 and am obviously not verified. Should I be worried that I have only received 3 secondaries?

not at all- most of my secondaries only came after my application was verified (even from the school that don't screen)