when the secondary comes out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucyzhang

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planing on travelling abroad this summer, but just realized I have secondaries to fill out as well.
so if I sent out all my AASDAS applicatoin in May as soon as it is avaliable. how soon will I receive secondaries? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I applied on June 1st last year.....started receiving secondaries probably about a month later, and started interviewing in the middle of August, and beginning of September.

lucy,

Different schools will send them out at different times. I know that Arizona's is done online from the webpage.

Many schools wait until the incoming class is situated before worrying a whole lot about applicants. Other schools send out their secondaries within one to two weeks of receiving your AADSAS application.

If you send your application in the first day it is available, then I'd advise you to NOT travel. Simply because if you have a quick turnaround with filling out your secondaries, then you can have most of your interviews actually completed by early September.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldnt travel for long periods of time if I applied to dental school. Best bet would be to delay your travel plans until after you get accepted. Theres just too much going on.

totally agree with everyone.

i wouldn't go anywhere until i got accepted if i were you. besides, you'll have the most fun being here playing the app cycle game anyways.:laugh:

good luck and get ready for some good and bad times.

hey lucy,
how long were you planning on traveling? i'm not sure what your stats are, but if they're pretty competitive, i think it's ok to travel. i submitted my AADSAS app sometime in june (i think the 21st) and I traveled to China for 2 months. when i came back i had some secondaries to complete. of course, i'm sure it would give you better standing if you completed the secondaries as soon as you got them, but i think if your stats are good enough, it shouldn't matter TOO much. but yeah, honestly, playing it safe is better (not traveling), but i'm just telling you this to show you that it is possible to travel and get accepted.