When to apply in the summer with clinical experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blues91776

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. When should I submit my app if I plan to do the majority of my volunteering/shadowing at the start of June? I'm also taking the MCAT on May 27.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. When should I submit my app if I plan to do the majority of my volunteering/shadowing at the start of June? I'm also taking the MCAT on May 27.

at the start of June... list it without a number-of-hour approximation... the important thing is that you'll have completed the volunteering prior to your interview... you can always send out update letters at the end of the summer with the specifics of your experience...

Apply as early as possible. They won't do anything more than briefly skim that section of your AACOMAS anyway.You can send a resume w/ your supplemental discussing the details of your clinical experience or write about it in the supps to direct more attention to your experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah, I forgot to include that I'll be retaking a course along with other courses in the summer. Should I still apply as early as possible and then send an update of my gpa with transcript after I get it?

Why not just apply as early as possible and see your doctor for a script for anti-anxiety medication?