When to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you should you apply for dental school? Is the fall too late? I know the deadlines, but how far ahead of that do you have to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

the best time for applying is as early as possible which means june-july. you can take your dat after you apply too, and send the score to the schools.

Apply now! The only reason not to apply right now would be if you are trying to increase your GPA, in which case you should apply next year.

Many schools have rolling admissions policies. Further, the sooner you apply the sooner you will get interviews. Being ahead of the game gives you more options and allows you access to better options.

-G

try to send it as soon as possible. if you send your things in the fall, you'll still have a chance, but just not as good of a chance as what you would've had in the summer. schools from what i've seen are pretty good at keeping up with rolling admissions. I remember, by december/january, many schools were already close to accepting their full capacities. In addition, aadsas is notoriously slow which you must consider in your submission deadline.