SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

When to apply

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by KatieJune, Jun 11, 2002.

1. KatieJune

KatieJune Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 9, 2002
    When you should you apply for dental school? Is the fall too late? I know the deadlines, but how far ahead of that do you have to apply?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. minoos

minoos Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 15, 2002
    the best time for applying is as early as possible which means june-july. you can take your dat after you apply too, and send the score to the schools.
  4. ItsGavinC

ItsGavinC Dentist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Apply now! The only reason not to apply right now would be if you are trying to increase your GPA, in which case you should apply next year.

Many schools have rolling admissions policies. Further, the sooner you apply the sooner you will get interviews. Being ahead of the game gives you more options and allows you access to better options.

5. al

al Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 30, 2001
    try to send it as soon as possible. if you send your things in the fall, you'll still have a chance, but just not as good of a chance as what you would've had in the summer. schools from what i've seen are pretty good at keeping up with rolling admissions. I remember, by december/january, many schools were already close to accepting their full capacities. In addition, aadsas is notoriously slow which you must consider in your submission deadline.