1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

When to apply?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lilmacstew, Aug 18, 2002.

1. lilmacstew

lilmacstew Member
    7+ Year Member

Just curious as to know when the best time to apply to medical school is. Because I will be finishing my junior year in the middle of a school year in december. I know you are suppose to apply the summer of your junior/senior year.
    I am planning on taking the mcat in april, and if I have to in august, and I will finish my junior year in december of next year.
    when do you usually do the amcass, and applications?
    lilmacstew

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

My guess is that you would have to apply as everybody else. You will have a half of year for extend on your ECs :) . You can take more classes and get more good grades.

4. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So, if you were going to graduate in December of 2004 and you wanted to start med school in the fall of 2005, you submit your primary (AMCAS application) in June/July of 2004. Once the schools receive your verified primary application, they'll send you their secondaries 4-6 weeks later and you'll interview from September-March/April. But, if you have to retake the MCAT in August, your application won't be reviewed immediately. The schools will typically set it aside until they get your scores in October. Hope this helps. :)