When to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCSB6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me the timeline for applying to audiology schools?? Do they use a common app similar to AMCAS for medical school, or is each school a separate application?

I know that AMCAS has a firm opening date of June 5th to submit applications, and also know that the audiology cycle was later, but wasn't sure when.

Lastly, are there any schools that accept applications earlier than the standard, and do those schools require a GRE score before applying?

Sorry for so many questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools want the applications by the middle of January, but each school sets its own deadline. Some schools use a centralized system called CSDCAS, but even those who do often still require a separate application as well. I think you can apply before you take your GREs, but the school would require a copy of the scores before the deadline or they will not process your application. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Most of the applications I encountered opened sometime in the fall and closed between Jan-March. I tried to send all of mine in on the same weekend so all of the letter of recommendation requests would arrive at the same time. UT Austin had the earliest deadline (December 15th, I believe).

Best of luck!