2013anes

5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Pain fellow here- should I use book money to buy my own lead apron? Or will employers provide good lead? What about glasses? We have lead, but it's older. Didn't know if it was worthwhile getting it as a fellow. Thanks for your input!

lobelsteve

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status
Attending Physician
Use whats there, your nee job will buy you supplies.

Or...

Lead? Rosland capital has gold and silver. Id buy those for your "home IRA".

Or...

Lead? Get 500 rounds of each pistol caliber, 1000 rounds of rifle ammo, and 250 shells for the mossberg or keltec.

unchockey21

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2007
FL
Status
Attending Physician
Pain fellow here- should I use book money to buy my own lead apron? Or will employers provide good lead? What about glasses? We have lead, but it's older. Didn't know if it was worthwhile getting it as a fellow. Thanks for your input!
Like Steve said, your new job will buy you lead and glasses. Your fellowship should be having the current lead check annually for cracks. So even though it may be weathered and... uh.. "fragrant", it should still function as intended. If they don't have leaded glasses, I'd get a pair for this year. Those aren't very expensive as long as you're not going for Guccis with prescription lenses.

About the Ads

SeniorWrangler

7+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I don't think it's worth buying new lead unless you can't tolerate the heavy old-school lead that's supplied. I now use the lead apron my former boss bought for himself and didn't take with him when he moved cross country, and it's really nice. :)

oreosandsake

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
Chicago
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i got the lightweight radiation protection as a fellow. still use it. much lighter than the "lead" everyone uses. I also have glasses but dont always remember to wear them. still, great investment IMO.

this is where I got them. Front Aprons: Clint Pharmaceuticals

April Branscum hooked me up. call and ask for her. tell her oreos sent you.

Last edited:
About the Ads