when to decide between taking April or August MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utdallasguy2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if it's already been asked before; I did a search, and didn't find anything specific.

As far as TPR goes, we have 3 more diags scheduled:

March 4th: Diag 4931 (I believe)
April 1st: AAMC 7R
April 8th: AAMC 8R

In addition, I plan on taking AAMC 5R (during my spring break week of March 6th-10th), and AAMC 6R (during the weekend of March 18th).

I'd just like to get an idea as to when I should seriously consider taking the test in August instead of April, if I do not feel confident enough to reach my score goals.

I've heard to decide between Mid and Late March, but I'll get the diag results from 7R and 8R pretty soon thereafter, and I can refund request my AAMC registration 10 days from postmark date (so, April 12th).

Any advice on this? Much thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you already registered for April? If so and can afford the penalty for cancellation then I would keep taking practice tests until the last date to cancel and make a decision based upon the collection of your pt scores.

Yeah, I'm registered for April right now.

I was thinking that way too....I think our scores are available online on our TPR student site the next day (which would be the 9th), so I could definitely do it then, although it would be cutting it close.

I'm just wondering which test scores I should focus on; I plan on doing 4R-6R during march, so I might look at those as my deciding factor.