Aug 20, 2018
When’s the right time to start declining interviews and how many should you have before you start declining?

Jul 8, 2019
So take all interviews that are given before December 1st?
If money isn’t an issue, I would not risk missing out on any interviews. You never know, maybe that one school that you declined, was the only school that was willing to give you an acceptance. So, it’s better to be safe than sorry in this situation

hersh_98

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I started declining interviews once I was invited to my top 8 choices. The law of diminishing returns!

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
After an acceptance is confirmed.

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
I got a lot of interviews (fortunately) but the cost of going to all of them was too high. I rescheduled a bunch of them to post December just Incase and only attended my top 5 interviews pre-December which I ended up getting in all. try to do it this way if cost is an issue instead of straight up canceling

sunnyleo92

2+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I got a lot of interviews (fortunately) but the cost of going to all of them was too high. I rescheduled a bunch of them to post December just Incase and only attended my top 5 interviews pre-December which I ended up getting in all. try to do it this way if cost is an issue instead of straight up canceling
I am thinking to do the same. Currently, I am having 9 pre-December interviews. However, one of those is not my top choice and I intend to reschedule that one for post-Dec. However, I heard that schools can rescind your interview if you reschedule pre-Dec interview to post-Dec 'cause they assume that you are not interested in them. The school I want to reschedule is a private school that starts interviewing quite late- and I think acceptance rate for pre-Dec and post-Dec interview at this school does not differ that much. What do you think?

Aug 16, 2018
I am thinking to do the same. Currently, I am having 9 pre-December interviews. However, one of those is not my top choice and I intend to reschedule that one for post-Dec. However, I heard that schools can rescind your interview if you reschedule pre-Dec interview to post-Dec 'cause they assume that you are not interested in them. The school I want to reschedule is a private school that starts interviewing quite late- and I think acceptance rate for pre-Dec and post-Dec interview at this school does not differ that much. What do you think?
schools can rescind if they choose to do so
that's one (small) risk you take if you try to do this
you have to decide if you want to take the risk
most schools will not do this though...

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
schools can rescind if they choose to do so
that's one (small) risk you take if you try to do this
you have to decide if you want to take the risk
most schools will not do this though...
Yeah sorry I forgot to point out one thing. Tufts did not really let me. They gave me some pre-december dates. I declined them and asked for post december. They sent me new dates but still pre-december. I asked for post december again and they told me they don't do post december interviews (not true). So I just cancelled the interview

Reactions: sunnyleo92

FanOfCostco

7+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah sorry I forgot to point out one thing. Tufts did not really let me. They gave me some pre-december dates. I declined them and asked for post december. They sent me new dates but still pre-december. I asked for post december again and they told me they don't do post december interviews (not true). So I just cancelled the interview
Tufts really wanted your vibranium

Faefly

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Dental Student
When you get accepted in your preferred school or at least any school you would really attend!

Reactions: Bluecell

85-29

2+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I need to call to schedule an interview and I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I should attend. Scheduling the interview for after December would be great since I would still have it just in case interviews at my preferred schools don't work out in my favor. How did you ask for post-December dates without sounding like the school is a second choice for you? I don't want to burn bridges with admissions, but at the same time, if I can save money and time by skipping the interview, that would be swell. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.