Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

when to have premed requirements by?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by not respect, Dec 25, 2008.

1. not respect

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I don't need to finish them before senior year right? I can take some after I've applied and it'll still count? How does the school figure out if I'm eligible or not then?

Thanks!

2. Bacchus

Administrator Moderator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You should indicate list any future coursework on your AMCAS that you deem necessary. If you don't have prerequisites filled, list them as planned/future coursework. Its best to have the pre-reqs done before taking the MCAT, however.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. not respect

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Well, it's a little too late for that :p That's good that I have enough time to take the classes though.

4. Bacchus

Administrator Moderator Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Most schools require you fulfill all requisites by matriculation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. justdoit31

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would really try to have everything finished by the time you take the MCAT. I hadn't taken my 2nd physics course and it really hurt me (got a 7 is PS) As I went through Physics 2 last semester I was like dude this was on my MCAT!