MedicineForLife 777

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Hey everyone! I was just wondering when people generally move to the location of their med school. I was thinking of finding a place to live about a month before school starts and move out there about 2 weeks before. I'm not sure if that's too much time or too little time to find a place to stay and get settled in. What are you guys planning to do?

C

Critical Mass

It will depend a little bit on how far you are moving and if you are familiar with your new home. A month is probably plenty of time.

OncoCaP

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Houston, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey everyone! I was just wondering when people generally move to the location of their med school. I was thinking of finding a place to live about a month before school starts and move out there about 2 weeks before. I'm not sure if that's too much time or too little time to find a place to stay and get settled in. What are you guys planning to do?

Seems like a question where the answer depends on circumstances such as the difficulty of finding a place (and when it is available), whether there is any unfinished business that needs to be taken care of before leaving, whether this is an individual moving or a family. My family has already moved to the city metro where I will go to med school (because it involved buying / selling a house, etc.). I'm still finishing up some stuff in my "old" city. Your plan seems sensible as well.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.