When to send a Letter of Intent - TMDSAS?

Started by knowntome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

knowntome

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am anxiously awaiting the second round of pre-match offers from UTSW in late November. Based on repeated engagement with the students there and their info sessions, I am positive they are my number one choice. I am debating whether it would be better to send a letter of intent before November ends or to wait until after they send out the other pre-matches. Just looking to hear some perspectives, if anyone has any.
 
I am anxiously awaiting the second round of pre-match offers from UTSW in late November. Based on repeated engagement with the students there and their info sessions, I am positive they are my number one choice. I am debating whether it would be better to send a letter of intent before November ends or to wait until after they send out the other pre-matches. Just looking to hear some perspectives, if anyone has any.
If you want to state your intentions to get them in your file where they might be seen next time they discuss their pool of interviewed students, send it now. I don't have inside knowledge of whether they will consider a LOI at a discussion of your application, or whether they are just using their existing notes on your file and interview.
Good luck & be sure to rank all your schools before the deadline in January
 
If you want to state your intentions to get them in your file where they might be seen next time they discuss their pool of interviewed students, send it now. I don't have inside knowledge of whether they will consider a LOI at a discussion of your application, or whether they are just using their existing notes on your file and interview.
Good luck & be sure to rank all your schools before the deadline in January
Thanks!