Sending a Second Letter of Intent to the Same School?

Started by tennis4217
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tennis4217

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a letter of intent to a school before being placed on the waitlist. Now that I am on the waitlist, I want to express my intent again to go there, if accepted. Should I send a second letter of intent? Or an update letter? Thanks.
 
I sent a letter of intent to a school before being placed on the waitlist. Now that I am on the waitlist, I want to express my intent again to go there, if accepted. Should I send a second letter of intent? Or an update letter? Thanks.
They already knew of your intent and still placed you on their waitlist. A second letter of intent is unlikely to move the needle.

An update letter could be considered if the school welcomes them *and* you have new significant accomplishments to report since your interview and last letter (new publication, etc.). Just my thoughts.
 
They already knew of your intent and still placed you on their waitlist. A second letter of intent is unlikely to move the needle.

An update letter could be considered if the school welcomes them *and* you have new significant accomplishments to report since your interview and last letter (new publication, etc.). Just my thoughts.
Thanks for your advice. I don't have any new updates to share. I am worried that if I don't send something after my wait list decision, it will look like I am no longer interested. But this is my top choice school so I want to express that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad