When to send applications in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blondie09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if it matters if I wait until later in June to send my apps in? I have to do both the TMDSAS and the AMCAS applications, and I will not be receiving my MCAT scores until June 24th. I have been working on the apps, but I am about to go on a medical mission trip, and wanted to wait until after that to send them in (I might want to include some about this trip in my apps) What do you guys think, and also how many schools do most people apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know if it matters if I wait until later in June to send my apps in? I have to do both the TMDSAS and the AMCAS applications, and I will not be receiving my MCAT scores until June 24th. I have been working on the apps, but I am about to go on a medical mission trip, and wanted to wait until after that to send them in (I might want to include some about this trip in my apps) What do you guys think, and also how many schools do most people apply to?

The general rule is the sooner the better, that seems to be the consensus on the thread. However, in your case adding something like that could open the door for more interesting interview questions that may separate you from the rest of the pack. If it were me, I'd wait and submit as soon as possible after the trip.

Early July would still be very early ;) Don't sweat it. Just don't put it off much longer than that.

Most people apply to somewhere around ~12 schools, from what I have heard.