When to send update letter to Hopkins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lemonlime98

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a niche question. I interviewed with JHU in October and am expecting a decision in December. I was planning on submitting an update letter at the end of this month, but am worried that by then the admissions committee would have already made a decision on my file. Does anyone know if the committee reviews apps immediately before releasing decisions or does it in a more spread-out time frame? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is a niche question. I interviewed with JHU in October and am expecting a decision in December. I was planning on submitting an update letter at the end of this month, but am worried that by then the admissions committee would have already made a decision on my file. Does anyone know if the committee reviews apps immediately before releasing decisions or does it in a more spread-out time frame? Thanks!
Why not just email them? I would trust their word over anybody's word here lol.

From all of the interviews I've attended been so far, I have gotten the sense that it is perfectly okay to ask about more cryptic things like LOIs, updates, etc. to the admissions office unless they specifically provided you with particular post-interview follow-up instructions.

Reactions: 1 user