When to start AAMCs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abadri421

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping the AAMC tests for last becuase they are the best indicators of your score, but how soon should I start taking the AAMC tests?? And how much time should I leave before I take the next test? How do you go over the test once you take it ie go only over ones you got wrong or what??

Thank you for your patience in answering these questions.. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

The sooner, the earlier you can learn! Go over EVERY question..simply because it reinforces concepts, lets you know which ones you got right for knowing and which ones you got right for guessing...and also helps you see why you got certain questions wrong =)

Hey there! I'm doing the same thing of saving them until i learn most of the information...(like we haven't gone over resistors or bones and stuff) but I'm trying to go ahead and study it on my own anyhow, I might take my first AAMC test...#3 probably this week. :)

AAMC 3 next sunday,
AAMC 7 next week
AAMC 4 in 2 weeks
AAMC 5 and 6 and 8 in 3 weeks
AAMC 9 in 4 weeks

leaves what...2 weeks for review based purely on EK physics and gchem question and mullling over bio notes :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently going through the EK 1001 questions and trying to figure out my weaknesses..should I go through all the books, which may be by the end of next week, or start taking tests before I finish them??

when i go over my tests i make notes on a separate piece of paper, so i can keep track of what types of problems i got wrong and why. Then i review my sheet every couple of days so i won't make the same type of mistake again.
I find that when I go over the test and rationalize in my mind why i got a problem wrong without writing down the reason and solution i don't usually remember the problem in the future.

is anyone else making bubbling errors? i caught three of them when i went over my last practice exam. which sucks cause i was one point away in each section from bumping up my score a whole point. 27 vs 30 . i gotta make sure i don't make that mistake on the real one. Another problem i have is not looking at the question choices closely enough ml vs L.

socal78 said:
when i go over my tests i make notes on a separate piece of paper, so i can keep track of what types of problems i got wrong and why. Then i review my sheet every couple of days so i won't make the same type of mistake again.
I find that when I go over the test and rationalize in my mind why i got a problem wrong without writing down the reason and solution i don't usually remember the problem in the future.

is anyone else making bubbling errors? i caught three of them when i went over my last practice exam. which sucks cause i was one point away in each section from bumping up my score a whole point. 27 vs 30 . i gotta make sure i don't make that mistake on the real one. Another problem i have is not looking at the question choices closely enough ml vs L.

Woah the difference between a 27 and the 30 is a big deal, you better not do that on test day..I guess the trick to that is do either each question and then bubble it in or do it by passage, thats what i do.