When to start applying...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inconshivable

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm currently in the midst of my first few weeks as a D1, and I'm interested in funding 3 years of my education through either the army or air force HPSP. When should I begin the process of reaching out to a recruiter. After this year is over? Or, like... now?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I'm currently in the midst of my first few weeks as a D1, and I'm interested in funding 3 years of my education through either the army or air force HPSP. When should I begin the process of reaching out to a recruiter. After this year is over? Or, like... now?

Thanks!
Now.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 users
To put it in perspective, I started applying last year in Feb 2017 to receive the scholarship in Dec 2017.

Get on your horse son.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Applying for the HPSP is the same timing as it was for dental school. The scholarships are decided on who receives them by Dec so applications need to go in now.

Reactions: 1 users
[edited] I posted something here regarding the Navy, but they don't have 3-year HPSP the same way that AF and Army do, so nevermind, editing this post to remove old info.